- QEI Certification
- QEI renewal seminars
- Class Schedule
- Search for Certified Inspectors
- QEI code of ethics
- QEI FAQ’s
- Qualification & Duties of Inspectors
- QEI Application
- REF Standard Required-ASME QEI-1
- Approved CEU Providers
- Criteria for Interpretation
- Conflicts of Interest
Custom Elevator Training
Robinson Education Services enables career advancement by providing the knowledge you and your company need to succeed, without disrupting your life. Our courses are taught by senior ASME and NYC-DOB instructors. Our open enrollment programs address immediate challenges and practical tools and frameworks. We offer excellent networking opportunities, and accommodate busy schedules with a convenient learning format.
Designed for multi-disciplines, high-potential managers/mechanics, and sales personnel, these short, non-degree programs focus on a particular area of interest and can be taken individually or as part of a corporate group.
Courses are held online and in classroom setting – span numerous topics pertinent to keeping your career on track and highly sought after in this job market.
Custom Elevator Training – Course Description
This course is designed to teach elevator sales personnel useful working knowledge of elevator types, new installations and modernizations of existing equipment. Our mission is to assist, educate, and enhance the art of selling elevator modernizations, new installations, and maintenance agreements.
- What are the differences and applications of a geared machine verses a gearless machine.
- When is a Synchronous A/C motor and direct drive machine used as a machine room less installation.
- What are all the different types of Hydraulic elevators available, and what are their advantages and disadvantages.
- Cost comparisons between each type of elevator installation are analyzed and discussed.
New Installations: This course section teaches all the various components of an elevator by replicating the building of an elevator.
- Various rail sizes and their attachment methods are explained.
- Pit equipment is covered, car and cwt. safeties, distinguishing between type A safeties and type B safeties and how each works.
- Supply pipes and valves, cylinders and pistons.
- Safety plank, stiles, crossheads and rail guide shoes, platform toe guard, and rope hitches.
- Methods of roping traction machines: 1 to 1, 2 to 1, double wrap, under slung and basement machines.
- Motor room and hoist way equipment are studied. Controllers; practical experience in relay logic and static controllers are covered.
- Dispatching choices and optional equipment are taught with an emphasis on selling their advantages.
Maintenance: This Session will cover all areas of selling a maintenance contract.
- Conditions of Equipment
- Pre Maintenance issues
- Benefits of selling longer term contracts as opposed to 1 year
- Possibility for future modernizations
Modernizations of existing equipment: Items covered under this part include critical areas of a particular component, how to recognize if the equipment can be reused in its current condition, reasons to replace a component, the life expectancy of it, and how to convey the cost benefits of a full modernization.
- Using a project notebook to guide a sales person on how to make the most accurate assessment of the building and the current work conditions; that can turn a smooth modernization into a disaster.
- Robinson Elevator survey guide and check list
- Elevators 101
- NEIEP training modules
- Lift modernization design guide
Instructional Contact Hours:
This course is covered over five days (8 hrs per day) with two 15 minutes breaks and a one hour lunch.
To enroll, please select Custom Elevator Training from the Class Schedule or call 888.690.5820 for further assistance.
Get the education you need to get ahead from Robinson Education Services.
Can’t find the Course you’re looking for?
Our Education Training & Development team can tailor a learning solution for your specific needs, whether it’s an online or offline course for Company-wide rollout or a group. Call 1-888-690-5820 We will also keep you informed about upcoming classes. This is all part of our commitment to help further your career.